Thursday, January 24, 2008

Upcoming Projects

I have been asked to do a couple of projects over the next few months and decided to get started right away on getting prepared.

The first is a Castle Wedding Shower Cake. The request was for the cake to serve about 75 people, with white buttercream and red roses. I decided to go with this castle kit from Wilton and was able to use my 50% coupon at Michael's. Since the person asked for red roses I ordered red fondant so I wouldn't have any issues with color.

My second project is Valentine Cupcakes. I picked up a silicone heart cupcake pan at Michael's, all their shaped pans are on sale this week. I would like to try covering the cupcakes in rolled buttercream and try decorating them. I bought some valentine cake mix that I can use with my White Almond Sour Cream Cake Recipe. I was asked to make something with edelweiss flowers for our Mother's Day Tea in May. (The theme is "The Sound of Music.") I know it's really early to be thinking Mother's Day, but I wasn't sure what to do with Edelweiss flowers, and honestly I didn't even know what they looked like until last week! After trying to figure out a few options I came up with the idea to make cookies and then decorate them with Royal Frosting to resemble an Edelweiss Flower. I have several different daisy cookie cutters that will work for the shape. However since I haven't ever tried to make sugar cookies or decorate them with royal frosting I should probably try them early and not a week before the tea. Maybe some valentine cookies or easter eggs, all depends on how much time I have to practice.

Edelweiss Flowers:


No comments: