Monday, January 14, 2008

Sugar Shack's Awesome DVDs!

In my quest for trying to cover my cakes with buttercream and get them smooth I spent hours reading through the forums on Cake Central. And thankfully one of the members, Sugar Shack, decided to help us all out and produced a DVD, "Perfecting the Art of Buttercream, A Step by Step Guide to Icing the Perfect Cake," to share all her secrets to a super smooth finish! At first I wasn't all that sure I needed it, so I waited to hear what the other members had to say about it. After reading all the wonderful reviews on how helpful her DVD was I decided to invest in it. Ok, I haven't actually had an opportunity to try frosting a buttercream cake, I have learned how to use her method to make the frosting and fill a cake without bulging! Sugar Shack, also know as Sharon, creates absolutely beautiful cakes, you can see her designs at her website.

Now by popular request she is producing another DVD called "Flawless Fondant," and I personally cannot wait to get my copy. Here is what the website describe the DVD as...
"...a complete A to Z education on how to prepare and cover your cakes properly with rolled fondant. This all inclusive 2 disc set includes a full supply list and suggested vendors." You can read the list of topics that will be covered and how to pre-order before it's release in early February. I think this is going to be another great DVD to add to cake decorating library.

No comments: