Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chocolate Transfer Eeyores

I have been wanting to learn how to do Chocolate Transfers that I have seen on so many cakes at Cake Central. Chocolate Transfers are created by using candy melts you "draw" your design then "color" it in, let it harder, turn it over and you have a cute designs made from candy. I started reading everything I could on them.

A Thread on Cake Central on Chocolate Transfers. This is a great thread with lots of tips on creating adorable designs. It also several photos so you can see what they look like.

Article on how to do CT's. A short article showing how to create a Chocolate Transfer.

This is a great book, "The Whimsical Bakehouse", with detailed instructions on how to make Chocolate Transfers.

Finding out that the friend I was making the cake for on Monday liked Eeyore, I rounded up two friends to help me. We were able to make several Eeyore CT and put together an adorable birthday cake for her!

This is a picture of the final cake. One friend helped me with the CT, while the other friend make the cute roses. Our friend was very surprised and absolutely thrilled about her cake. I can't wait to try Chocolate Transfers again!
Close ups on each Transfer:
This one was the third one I did, and I was finally getting the hang of it.


This was was great, but when we went to remove it from the plastic sleeve it got stuck and didn't come off very smoothly.
My first transfer, you can't really see it too much, but it has a lot of air pockets! I had forgotten about the toothpick trick on the smaller details. On my other transfers I tried to make the lines more defined and fill in the color better.

1 comment:

John Flowers said...

For a second I thought it was chocolate Eyesores! Whew, I was glad when I re-read the title. They look awesome, wish I had seen them in person.