Monday, July 23, 2007

Red Roses Bridal Shower Cake

I made a cake for a bridal shower we had at our church the other night. I chose to decorate with red roses to match the napkins and plates, and the yellow flowers made for a nice accent color. The frosting and flowers were all done in buttercream.

I baked two 12 inch layer cakes, and didn't torte them because I wasn't all that sure of trying it on such a large cake. Between the two layers I used premade CheeseCake Filling and sliced strawberries (I would use more strawberries next time). I used this recipe from Cakecentral.com and made three modifications to it.

1. Instead of Sour Cream I used Plain Yogurt
2. Instead of Almond Flavor, I used clear Vanilla Flavoring.
3. Instead of 8 Egg whites, I used 7 eggs. Since this didn't have to be a "white" cake I didn't mind having some color from the egg yolks.

I like the flavor and the texture, and everyone who tried it at the shower said it was great! I got a lot of compliments on this cake. Even though it was last minute I am glad I did it because I got a chance to try at something other than just with my family!




No comments: