Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Cake for Romantic Occasions"


One of my favorite cake designers, May Clay-Cadman, has published a new book "Cakes for Romantic Occasions." I have her first book "Sweet and Simple Party Cakes", and I was very impressed on how well the book was presented. Her directions were easy to follow and were lovely designs that a novice cake decorator could actually accomplish. Her new book doesn't disappoint, and again she has filled the pages full of her beautiful cakes, cookies and cupcakes. Again her directions are easy to follow and understand. One of my favorite designs in this book, is a cake you simply torte and fill, stack, then sprinkle with powdered sugar adding fresh flowers, strawberries and raspberries to give it a beautiful finish. I love the fact she uses a variety of methods that can actually be accomplished without a lot of having to purchase a bunch of fancy or expensive cake tools. Overall a wonderful book for cake designers to add to their book collection!

1 comment:

Jean Tuthill said...

I just stopped by to wish you a happy new year. I am going to look into getting this book, it looks very interesting.