Thursday, November 5, 2009

Silvermist Birthday Cake

I decided to make a cake for my daughter who is having a birthday next week. On Wednesdays we have dinner at church before Bible study and I thought this would be a perfect way to celebrate Lauren's birthday. Since will be not be at church next week, I did her cake a week early and although she knew I was doing a cake, she didn't know what it was going to look like.

I covered the cake in fondant and made all the flowers out of fondant. I got a little creative trying to get make different flowers from the cutters I already have. The water lily took a bit of time, and I never did figure out how to do the center like the real ones, so I just put a yellow dot in the middle. Still cute. Lauren's favorite character in Pixie Hollow is Silvermist and I was fortunate to find a small doll to put on her cake a few weeks ago. (Love those Disney clearance prices!) She was very surprised when I showed her the completed cake with Silvermist right on top!

This cake will be last one for awhile, taking a break for the holidays and other much needed projects! Keep up my favorite blogs (listed to the right) when you need a cake fix!


Silvermist adorns the cake:
Close up of Silvermist and top of the cake. Blue represents water, the fairy talent of Silvermist.

The bottom tier is done in green to represent the Pixie Hollow meadows and fairy's home.



Cake with lots of cupcakes!

No comments: