Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bridal Shower Cake

Since my birthday cake wasn't quite as successful as I had hoped, I wanted to make sure the bridal shower cake I was asked to do would be. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but the cake didn't really come together until I went to set it up at the church.

I made an 8" and a 10" white almond sour cream cake with raspberry filling. I covered it with a thin layer of buttercream and Marshmallow fondant. I cut out several different types of flowers after I imprinted them with my new "rolling pin." I got the idea from one of the cakes in Peggy Porchen's Book.

After I got the cakes to church and saw how the room was decorated, I figured out what look to go for. With a trip to the craft store, some blue ribbon, a little tulle, and a candle, here is my third bridal shower cake.


Top tier with Candle:
First tier of cake:
Bottom tier of cake:Back view of cake:


Cake Presentation:

Now to start designing their wedding cakes.

No comments: